Construction Manager-Northern California
MWH Constructors' (MWHC) Construction Management Services (CMS) group is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Construction Manager to support water/wastewater infrastructure project work and business development in Northern California. This position will be based in Sacramento.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction and construction management services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
The Construction Manager will oversee the appointed project staff and support service consultants to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. Reporting directly to MWH's Area Manager, the Construction Manager is the primary interface with the owner and the contractor and with the engineer of record and regulatory representatives. In addition to providing construction management on all project phases from procurement, through bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, start-up and close-out phases, the Construction Manager will assist in new business development opportunities.
• Interface with client, oversight representatives, regulatory agencies, etc., for both business development and project execution
• Make decisions and recommendations that can improve corporate relationship with client and profitability of managed projects
• Develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients or geographical area
• Initiate and maintain liaison with client, consultants and contractors to facilitate construction activities
• Ensure all client, company, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to properly
• Complete project objectives and performance standards within boundaries of client policies and procedures
• Provide oversight and direction to all activities associated with construction management, contract administration, contract planning/execution, contractor's scheduling review and analysis, change order management, and quality assurance oversight with field inspection functions, as required
• Monitor and control to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget
• Evaluate contractor's detailed cost proposals and develop preliminary cost estimate
• Plan, coordinate, and/or supervise activities of all company and consultant personnel on assigned project(s)
• Will have day-to-day supervisory responsibility over support and professional construction management staff
• Authorize/approve all purchase requisitions, change requests, etc., within signature authority
• Implement company safety program. Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
• Attend industry networking events
• Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, mechanical or electrical), construction management, or equivalent degree
• Minimum of 12 years of experience managing municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines, tunnels, etc.
• 8+ years of management experience, including client interface and solicitation, marketing and business development, planning and execution, project delivery, and staff supervision
• CCM or PMP required, however consideration will be given to candidates willing to gain CCM or PMP within 12 months
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), union jurisdiction, labor agreements, and negotiations
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, supervisory and planning skills
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
• Strong business acumen
• Project P/L experience
• Experience with Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project
• Familiarity with data management software
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top