- San Jose, CA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role will be to provide senior coordination of construction activities and contract administration in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works effectively in partnership with BC Leadership, the Project Pursuit teams, and PMs, and proactively coordinates activities undertaken by project teams in both local and remote offices.
- Drafts the project scope, schedule, and budget in partnership with the PM.
- Understands and proactively satisfies client's needs and expectations.
- Ensures activities and milestones are planned and completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Works inclusively with the client, stakeholders, the PM and the project team.
- Connects the client, PM, independent reviewers, and the project team to ensure outputs meet quality standards prior to delivering the technical solution.
- Advocates and mentors personnel in the project team who have CM aspirations.
- Identifies, captures, and promotes the use of Intellectual Property (IP).
- Documents project close-out activities and lessons learned on the project.
- Active engagement in the CM Community for opportunities to share experiences.
- Promotes compliance with regulatory requirements and the HSE management system at project and local levels.
- Provides internal marketing and business development support to prepare written proposals and qualifications for soliciting Stantec construction management services.
- Performs Design Phase constructability and construction sequencing reviews
- Manages Bid Phase for design-bid-build projects including preparation of pre-bid meeting agendas, presenting at pre-bid meetings, tracking bid period questions from Contractors, coordinating with discipline engineers for responses to bid period questions, preparing and issuing contract addenda, reviewing and summarizing Contractor bids, and recommending award of contract to client.
- Leads team during the preconstruction phase, developing procedures, tools and practices, and reviewing contract documents, for preparation and implementation of construction phase construction management services.
- Manages multiple large complex initiatives and/or projects simultaneously.
- Oversees and performs day-to-day construction management efforts to ensure the project(s) are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Enforces contractor compliance to plans and specifications.
- Acts as the primary interface with client, oversight representatives, regulatory agencies, etc. Coordinates with field staff, third party consultants, utility companies, public agencies, sub-contractors, and general public. Serves as a representative of the company and its clients at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Monitors progress and delays of contractor's project schedule.
- Reviews daily inspection reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews material test reports for compliance with specifications.
- Manages all document controls and record keeping.
- Manages and/or coordinates with other disciplines associated with the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrates wide-ranging experience and applies professional concepts to resolve complex problems, with effective, innovative, economical, and creative approaches.
- Work involves strategizing, planning, and coordinating assignments/projects and the modification of established guidelines.
- Demonstrates mature knowledge in a variety of methods, techniques, and best practices.
- Develops project plan and establishes project goals and objectives for projects of medium complexity and larger financial impact.
- Interfaces directly with clients and manages all aspects of programs/projects autonomously to meet contractual obligations, budget, and schedule; typically assigned to a single program or multiple projects.
- Capable of managing a program that is already established by a more senior CM.
- Recommends and participates in continuous improvement initiatives and best practices development.
Decision Making & Impact
- Exercises independent judgment, initiative, and in-depth evaluation of variable factors for addressing and resolving unusual and complex issues or situations.
- Decisions are governed by Company policy, practice, and guidelines within a program or project.
- Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities, and critical work areas that impact the work of other groups.
- Encountered problems make it necessary to devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners, and draw conclusions from comparative situations.
- Significant impact.
Complexity & Accountability
- Manages construction management projects up to $5M in CM fees.
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- May review work of junior staff.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment; accepted as accurate and feasible.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-California-San Jose
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001JU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top