Construction Manager - Entry Level
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Entry Level Construction Managers support the clients' goals during the construction phase of a development project to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met for the project. In this role, you will gain experience in construction observation/inspection in a variety of projects under the supervision of a senior Inspector. Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Assists in inspecting and reviewing projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
• Assists in monitoring the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
• Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
• Assists in reviewing change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
• Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, and pictures.
• Coordinate with the owner, contractor, and design team.
• Perform final inspections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to participate in discussions about project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience.
Minimum of 0-3 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in a field setting; may require some office work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top