Construction Manager - Engineering
- Walnut Creek, CA
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As a Construction Manager, you will provide fully qualified management of program construction activities in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates daily onsite construction activities liaising with contractors, design professionals, clients and relevant external parties.
- Provides input to the development of project schedules, coordinates the work according to approved schedules, reports schedule deviations and provides recommendations on any schedule modifications.
- Reports deviations from contract documents and codes. Follows through with responsible party until resolution.
- Schedules and coordinates reviews and inspections.
- Maintains records of activities including work completed and inspected.
- Meets, reviews and reports to the project team on construction status, issues and concerns.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, videos and pictures.
- Participates in the implementation of safety controls and promotes a safe workplace.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 15 years of construction management experience
Preference will be given to applicants with OSHA and MSHA training and certification.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001E8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top