- Bellevue, WA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has over $13 million in WSDOT projects awarded since 2013, over $14 million in Sound Transit work, over $430 million in Pacific NW Design-Build/Alternative Delivery Projects since 2002, and more than 275 employees in five offices in the Puget Sound Area. Local offices are supported by more than 22,000 staff company wide.
Stantec is seeking a Puget Sound based highly motived and technically proficient Construction Manager to join and lead our growing team of construction management professionals. We seek a team player who desires and thrives in a collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills and strong construction management capabilities. This position will provide project level leadership and construction management experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support management of rail facilities projects.
- Act as a Construction Manager overseeing the activities of underground/elevated station and guideway build out with experience in all aspects of a construction project and systems.
- Oversee Office Engineers, Construction Inspectors, and administrative personnel.
- Monitor contractors' work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications, and legal requirements.
- Resolve design and field construction problems.
- Attend progress meetings and report on project status.
- Expedite design and field changes.
- Review contractor requests for change and when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications.
- Assist the Client Contracting Office in the negotiation contract changes.
- Communicate and implement Safety rules, policies, and procedures in support to Client's safety vision and goals to contactors and subordinate personnel.
- Liaises with clients, agencies, and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- Examines field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project deliverables and documents including calculations, drawings, and specifications
- Reviews own work for accuracy and coordinates with others to ensure quality assurance and quality control for all final products
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient construction management of multiple concurrent construction projects
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure construction processes to include final startup and acceptance testing
- Highly effective in building and maintaining client relationships
- Understanding of construction processes and FTA requirements
- Thorough knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or another related field
At least 12 years' experience in heavy civil construction of rail transit systems
5 years of supervisory experience in the management of major construction contracts
State of Washington P.E. registration required
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002P5
Back to top