Construction Manager (Anglian Water)
Stantec Treatment are looking to strengthen Delivery team with a Construction Manager. You will be accountable for the successful delivery of construction activities in line with the client's Capital Delivery Index (CDI) & by outperforming the affordability challenge. You will report directly to the Project Leader and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Responsible for enabling construction activities required from the strategy, including design integration, IProcT, Tier 2 engagement and integration/collaboration
• Responsible for ensuring constructability, assembly & utilisation of Industrialised Construction techniques throughout the life of a project; - Ensure project handover is completed to required timescales & delivery milestones
• Request correct resources from the Operations Manager in a timely manner to meet programme demands
• Ensure relevant safety, quality & environmental management systems are implemented, kept up to date & that site resources have the correct competencies & support regular inspections for compliance.
• Responsible for setting & delivering the best 'build' strategy for a project or programme, work alongside the IPL to identify & deliver against a scheme efficiency plan that aligns with Programme Area strategy
• Facilitate the delivery team to rehearse the delivery plan in advance of key activities to ensure optimal sequence & highlight any constraints or areas of conflict, supported by PLM Time Based visualisation techniques to display assembly sequence
• Working as part of the Project Delivery Team, be responsible for construction expenditure, efficiency challenge & overall out turn cost for the project. - Ensure all weekly processes are completed by the site delivery team (e.g. timesheets, GRN's). - Manage construction risk & opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation & management of the construction risk & opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce on site risk. - Ensure commercial performance & delivery dates are visible on all sites using the commercial boards. - Facilitate regular construction & SHEQ health checks on individual schemes
• Work closely with the Cost Manager & Planner to forecast out turn cost / programme & monitor costs with a robust monthly CVR / project review
• Lead & manage the construction teams to deliver their responsibilities using the ADR process & performance management where required. Ensure team are focused to meet customer's requirements & project objectives - provide overall guidance & management to ensure project success. Ensure the team works in a structured & cohesive way. Manage poor performance within the construction team
• Responsible for development of the Construction Phase Plan, including the quality of content, & for ensuring the appropriate level of sign-off has been completed prior to commencing on site.
• Ensure the site management team are focused to meet internal & external customer requirements & project objectives - provide overall guidance & management to ensure project success
Construction Manager (Anglian Water)
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training
• Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)
• Relevant CSCS Card,SMSTS, NRSWA Supervisor, Water Hygiene and hold a First Aid certificate
• Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top