Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity Stantec's St. Paul, MN office has an opportunity for a Construction Manager in our Community Development group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspect contractor's work for conformance with the approved documents
- Will be a member of Stantec's staff in the field and will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of the office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contract.
- Implementing project controls for distribution and record keeping of construction drawings, construction contract correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
- Monitor contractor's work for compliance with project safety standards Coordinate testing on projects.
- Conduct regular (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) construction meetings with contractor and owner.
- Prepare monthly or semi-monthly payment requests.
- Prepare and issue orders on contract.
- Conduct field evaluations and assessments as required.
- Coordinate with the owner, the contractor and the design team.
- Perform final inspections.
- Experience communicating with the public, enforcing environmental permit. requirements and set up of Work Zone Traffic Control measures are assets.
- MNDOT Certifications preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have a vehicle, valid drivers license and good driving record.
0 - 10 years of construction inspection experience or experience as a Construction Manager.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top