Construction Inspector Trainee
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in Fairmont, WV has an opportunity for a highly motivated Construction Inspector Trainee for WVDOH construction projects. We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and highly motivated. We seek a candidate to participate on high profile and transformative roadway and bridge projects as an entry level inspector.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Construction Inspector Trainee as a representative of the WVDOH to ensure quality control and contractor compliance for roadway, structure and bridge construction projects of varying complexity
- Inspect and monitor assigned field work activities on a project to ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and other contract documents
- Coordinate work and inspections with contractor's representative, client personnel, and other stakeholders
- Advises contractor of non-conforming work or other violations of the contract requirements. Works with the contractor to identify and implement appropriate corrective action
- Ensures that highways work zones and traffic control setups conform to contract requirements
- Prepares and reviews daily inspection reports for preparation of entries into Site Manager / Project Wise and is able to properly document materials as well as other tests and / or samples materials as required, coordinates with testing laboratories as needed or require
- Assist in contractor's monthly evaluations, progress payments, and progress meetings
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
- Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with sub consultant
- Good oral communications and presentation skills Proficient with Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certification
Education and Experience
Associate (AS) or Bachelor degree (BS) in an engineering field or relevant experience in bridge construction, roadway, utility, and asphalt paving, can be used in place of degree with WVDOH TRET accreditation Level I,II,III or IV.
One (1) - Three (3) years of highway construction management experience
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with sub-consultants
Good oral communications and presentation skills
Proficient with Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certification
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-West Virginia-Fairmont
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000H4
Back to top