Construction Inspector - Roadways and Bridges
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity 2018 is shaping up to be a busy construction season. Stantec is preparing to meet the challenge by expanding our construction inspection services staff. We are looking for a wide range of full time employees to provide construction inspection services throughout Vermont beginning in the 2018 construction season.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Projects may include: paving, bridges, MSE walls, roadway & urban streets, traffic signals, utilities, bike/shared use paths, airfields, and stormwater infrastructure and treatment practices.
- Field inspectors' responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review drawings to prepare for the inspection
- Conduct field measurements to establish quantities for pay item documentation
- Inspect work site for proper traffic control setup
- Inspect all erosion control devices, ensure they are maintained and that they are in compliance with applicable permits
- Create daily reports and documents all quantities, equipment and labor in the construction management software
- Review and provide input regarding RFIs, submittals, change orders and payment requisitions
- Monitor and record materials certifications in accordance with the client's procedures
- Track any changes on a set of drawings to be used to develop Record Drawings
- Monitor and record compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Wage Rate requirements
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- ACI and/or NETTCP Certifications desired
- Working knowledge and understanding of VT Agency of Transportation Specifications & Standards, including Traffic Control desired
- Ability to use or learn CADD (MicroStation or AutoCAD) desired
- Ability to use or learn construction management software (Appia, Site Manager) desired
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to travel within the State of Vermont
- Safety conscious
- Ability to focus on technical details
- Committed and diligent
Positions available range from entry-level with 1 year minimum bridge or roadway inspection experience to mid-level with 5-14 years to senior-level with 15+ years. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top