Construction Inspector - Highways
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an immediate opening for an Inspector in our Baton Rouge office for roadway rehabilitation projects in East Baton Rouge Parish.
This role will inspect the work of contractors involved in the rehabilitation of asphalt and concrete roadways for the East Baton Rouge City/Parish to insure compliance.
Duties, which are not all inclusive, include:
- Monitoring, recording and inspecting progress on construction projects, performing quality assurance inspections to achieve compliance with contract plans and specification on all phases of construction.
- Making substantial completion and final-completion statements.
- Keeping head inspector aware of conditions which could result in contract CO's or delay and assisting in proactively resolving these situations and other duties as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 3+ years of construction inspection experience with transportation projects.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Current DOTD certifications in one or more of the following areas: PCC Paving; Asphalt Paving; and, Embankment and Base Course.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 3
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top