- San Jose, CA
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting and construction management role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership for construction projects. These projects consist of water pipelines, sitework for municipal water and sewer facilities, sewer lines, infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, and related infrastructure.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works effectively in partnership with BC Leadership, the Project Pursuit teams, and PMs, and proactively coordinates activities undertaken by project teams in both local and remote offices.
- Assists with developing the project scope, schedule, and budget and works in partnership with the PM.
- Understands and proactively satisfies client's needs and expectations.
- Ensures activities and milestones are planned and completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Works inclusively with the client, stakeholders, the PM and the project team.
- Connects the client, PM, independent reviewers, and the project team to ensure outputs meet quality standards prior to delivering the technical solution.
- Advocates and mentors personnel in the project team who have CM aspirations.
- Documents project close-out activities and lessons learned on the project.
- Active engagement in the CM Community for opportunities to share experiences.
- Promotes compliance with regulatory requirements and the HSE management system at project and local levels.
- Provides internal marketing and business development support to prepare written proposals and qualifications for soliciting Stantec construction management services.
- Performs Design Phase constructability and construction sequencing reviews
- Assists with managing Bid Phase for design-bid-build projects including preparation of pre-bid meeting agendas, presenting at pre-bid meetings, tracking bid period questions from Contractors, coordinating with discipline engineers for responses to bid period questions, preparing and issuing contract addenda, reviewing and summarizing Contractor bids, and recommending award of contract to client.
- Supports team during the preconstruction phase, developing procedures, tools and practices, and reviewing contract documents, for preparation and implementation of construction phase construction management services.
- Manages multiple initiatives and/or projects simultaneously.
- Performs day-to-day construction management efforts to ensure the project(s) are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Enforces contractor compliance to plans and specifications.
- Acts as the primary interface with client, oversight representatives, regulatory agencies, etc. Coordinates with field staff, third party consultants, utility companies, public agencies, sub-contractors, and general public. Serves as a representative of the company and its clients at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Monitors progress and delays of contractor's project schedule.
- Reviews daily inspection reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews material test reports for compliance with specifications.
- Manages all document controls and record keeping.
- Manages and/or coordinates with other disciplines associated with the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced professional demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the construction process.
- Able to assist PM to develop project plan and establishes goals and objectives for projects of limited scope and financial impact.
- Performs a variety of assignments using creative methods and problem-solving approaches including the application of sound principles and best practices.
- Responsible for the completion of smaller, less complicated projects, on schedule, under budget, and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Able to assist with management of the human, financial, and operational resources necessary to meet contractual and Company related obligations of the project to ensure profitability.
Decision Making & Impact
- Exercises independent judgment to analyze issues, interpret information, and select methods and solutions to resolve problems; handles deviations from standard practices.
- Difficult, complex, or unusual problems or decisions are referred to more senior professionals.
- Moderate impact.
Complexity & Accountability
- Under the direction of a project supervisor, manages smaller construction management projects, or tasks within larger projects (typically less than $250k in CM services fees), with limited risk and/or complexity.
- Assignments are broad, varied and diverse in scope.
- Responsible for specific objectives and the achievement of significant results.
- Reviews work of junior staff.
- May assist or lead in the preparation of proposals of limited scope and complexity.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-California-San Jose
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001JV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top