- Bellevue, WA
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role is to work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Project Manager.
You will be responsible for daily inspection efforts on multiple complex, large, and/or diverse transportation projects in order to ensure contractor's operations comply with project plans, specifications, and contract documents. Project types include construction of heavy civil, roadway, bridges, placement of asphalt, sidewalks, and trails. For changed conditions, you will develop sketches and assemble data for Field Engineer to utilize when making changes to the project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Prepares daily inspection reports and tracks all field activities.
- Generates reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Construction Management of significant problems and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Inspects installation of construction feature, measures dimensions, and calculates quantities.
- Examines construction materials, checking to see if they meet specifications.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Perform redline edits to plans for change conditions, including review of contractor redlines.
- Tabulates monthly quantities for use in determining contractors' monthly payment estimates.
- Determines estimated cost of construction projects using take-off estimates.
- Assists with office work such as plotting cross-sections and computing earthwork quantities.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic skills in math, drafting, and science.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Must have a working knowledge of local, state and national statutory requirements, as well as permitting and safety requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, including MS Project Schedule.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Preferred but not required, OSHA, TESC and Hazwoper, Bridge Inspection certified.
Position will primarily require field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000015T
Back to top