- Tampa, FL
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Construction Inspectors support the clients' goals during the construction phase of a development project to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met for the project. In this role, you will conduct independent studies and analysis making interpretations, and apply best practices associated with planning and problem solving. Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities to confirm cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays. Updates client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Reviews and evaluates plans and specifications to ensure designs are practical for construction.
- Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of applicability, pricing and constructability.
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Collaborates in various processes: requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Conducts site evaluation to determine site limitations and challenges in support of development of proposed scope of services
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Participates in / supports development of design with constructability consideration and preparation of plans / construction documents.
- As the ideal candidate and an integral member of the community development team, we would like for this role to also support the CAD production of the construction documents to fulfill clients' goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Competent in knowledge of local, state and federal building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions. Experience in Tampa Bay area Cities and Counties [City of Tampa/Hillsborough County/Pasco County/City of Clearwater] strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Ability to work a schedule that supports our clients' needs.
- AutoCAD drafting capabilities strongly preferred. Relevant software programs may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, AutoTurn and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 10 years of experience in civil infrastructure improvements including roadway, water and wastewater distribution and collection, drainage, site improvements, etc.
- Associate degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation is a plus.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900032S
Back to top