- New Haven, CT
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is looking for motivated and experienced resident engineers/inspectors to help deliver highway and bridge projects in and around the State of Connecticut for local municipalities.
Your Key Responsibilities
Projects may include paving, bridges, roadway & urban streets, traffic signals, utilities, and bike/shared use paths.
Inspectors' responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review drawings to prepare for the inspection
- Conduct field measurements to establish quantities for pay item documentation
- Inspect work site for proper traffic control setup
- Inspect erosion control devices, ensure they are maintained and that they are in compliance with applicable permits
- Create daily reports to document all quantities, equipment and labor
- Monitor and record materials certifications in accordance with the client's procedures
- Maintain project documentation in accordance with CT DOT requirements.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- NICET III Certification or equivalent required
- Working knowledge and understanding of CTDOT Standard Specifications & Details and Form 817
- Ability to use or learn Site Manager software or complete books manually depending on project requirements
- OSHA 10 Certification desired. Ability to obtain prior to deployment on-site is required
- ACI and NETTCP Soils and Aggregates certifications desired. Ability to obtain one or both is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Safety conscious
- Ability to focus on technical details
- Committed to reporting to the job site on time each day, and working until the day's operations are complete (may be more than 8 hours)
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience.
Position will primarily require field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-New Haven
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000Q6
Back to top