Your Opportunity We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office has an opportunity for a Construction Administrator with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
Your Duties You have the ability to administrate construction contracts, which includes assurance that contractors perform their duties as stipulated and maintain a high level of quality, having strong negotiating skills when dealing with contractors on interpreting drawings and reviewing pricing on changes to the scope of work. Travel is expected in this position as you manage the construction of a National Accounts program.
- Work with Owner, Contractor, Architectural team and Engineers to help resolve RFI's and other questions on the job site; work closely with the design team
- Management, distribution and review of submittals and shop drawings for multiple projects across the country
- Evaluating construction delay claims against stipulations in the contract and advising the owner's representatives
- Quality control and coordination of architectural drawings with the work of consulting engineers and evaluating constructability
- Provide onsite construction observation and prepare field reports, noting and reviewing the correction of any deficient items
- Relay observations from the field to the Architect's office and coordinate communication with Owner and Contractor. Engage design team when appropriate
- Interface with Building Officials as needed
- Understanding the design goals of the project and enforcing the design intent of the documents during construction
- Working with the contractor to maintain a high standard of quality in construction
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum 10 years' experience is preferred
- Architectural or engineering degree or technical diploma from a recognized institution
- Must be familiar with various construction assemblies and local building codes
- Basic MS Office and Adobe software knowledge required
- Familiarity with Revit and Newforma is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the organizational ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top