Our Buildings Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction, and operations, to decommissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our professionals deliver innovative, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems in many sectors, including healthcare, industrial facilities, education, etc. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, technologists, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec is currently seeking a full time Buildings Construction Administrator based out of our Ottawa, ON office.
- Proactively coordinate and monitor field activities involving surveyors, prime contractors, testing and inspection firms and commissioning agents.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules, coordinate the work according the approved schedules, report schedule deviations immediately and provide recommendations on how the schedule can be modified if necessary.
- Observe and record existing field conditions and verity that as built records are maintained by others.
- Verify and record time, material, and equipment records on a daily basis in writing based upon observations
- Observe and report deviations from the Contract Documents and Codes. Follow through with all responsible parties until issues are resolved.
- Schedule and accompany reviews and inspections with Authorities-Having-Jurisdiction.
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Perform related duties as required.
- Report observed violations immediately.
- Participate in Preconstruction meetings.
- Prepare punch lists.
- Promote safety.
- Prepare quality check list for quality assurance and control.
- Create and maintain current records of cumulative work completed and inspected.
- Take photographs and video recordings.
- Carry 40 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from elevated platforms, roofs, and lifts.
- Work outdoors and in buildings under construction.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Work shifts and weekends when required.
- Two-year post-secondary education or higher in architectural, engineering or construction management with 5 years of experience supervising construction projects in excess of $5M,
- 5+ years of experience in the building construction industry.
- Proficient in critical path scheduling.
- Proficient in reading drawings and specifications.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical systems.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 2
Discipline Buildings Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top