The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity Stantec is currently seeking a full time Buildings Construction Administrator based out of our Ottawa, ON office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proactively coordinate and monitor field activities involving surveyors, prime contractors, testing and inspection firms and commissioning agents.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules, coordinate the work according the approved schedules, report schedule deviations immediately and provide recommendations on how the schedule can be modified if necessary.
- Observe and record existing field conditions and verity that as built records are maintained by others.
- Verify and record time, material, and equipment records on a daily basis in writing based upon observations
- Observe and report deviations from the Contract Documents and Codes. Follow through with all responsible parties until issues are resolved.
- Schedule and accompany reviews and inspections with Authorities-Having-Jurisdiction.
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Perform related duties as required.
- Report observed violations immediately.
- Participate in Preconstruction meetings.
- Prepare punch lists.
- Promote safety.
- Prepare quality check list for quality assurance and control.
- Create and maintain current records of cumulative work completed and inspected.
- Take photographs and video recordings.
- Carry 40 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from elevated platforms, roofs, and lifts.
- Work outdoors and in buildings under construction.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Work shifts and weekends when required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in critical path scheduling.
- Proficient in reading drawings and specifications.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical systems.
- Two-year post-secondary education or higher in architectural, engineering or construction management with 5 years of experience supervising construction projects in excess of $5M,
- 5+ years of experience in the building construction industry.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top