Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: Stantec is a large international national publicly traded company. This position has significant career growth potential for the right person. The candidate will work on a variety of site investigation and remediation projects, due diligence assessments and EHS compliance projects in New England and the eastern US.
The position entails project management and technical support on large environmental projects ranging from site investigations to remediation. Some specific responsibilities include conducting field work including soil and groundwater sampling, well installation oversight and coordination, and stormwater and waste sampling; preparation of Phase I/II/III Environmental Site Assessments, environmental compliance documents, remedial action plans, and various regulatory program permit applications; providing on-site EHS support at client facilities; compiling and interpreting analytical data; and coordinating and communicating effectively with clients, subcontractors, and regulators.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Bachelors degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, or Science is required -Masters degree a plus;
- A Connecticut LEP license is a requirement;
- Experience with the Massachusetts Contingency Plan and related environmental regulations is a plus;
- Strong report writing experience is required;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER/up-to-date refreshers mandatory and behavior-based health and safety certifications is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus;
- Good client communications skills is a requirement;
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record is required;
- Willing and able to travel occasionally is a plus; and
- Ability to sell professional services and manage multiple projects and staff is a requirement.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top