Your Opportunity We're at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines -you'll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Your Duties Stantec's Dartmouth Nova Scotia office has an opening for an Intermediate/Senior Concrete Engineer who is seeking an organization with significant growth opportunities. This office maintains one of the largest and best equipped materials testing laboratories in Eastern Canada for physical and advanced tests of aggregates, cementing materials, and concrete. This laboratory serves a wide variety of clients including ready mixed concrete producers, aggregate producers, contractors, and suppliers of cement and supplementary cementing materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple projects,
- Planning and coordinating field and laboratory testing of construction materials,
- Working on a variety of small to large materials projects,
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of clients from owners, and developers, to aggregate and ready mixed concrete producers,
- Client management and business development
- Technical understanding of deterioration mechanisms of concrete and methods to mitigate as well as rehabilitate affected concrete structures,
- Ability to investigate construction related issues for new and existing concrete structures
- Preparation and review of technical reports,
- Rigid pavement investigations, rehabilitation plans and design,
- Provision of Quality Control and Quality Assurance services,
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced professionals as required,
- Become actively engaged in a significant volunteer role with a variety of trade associations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university and a post graduate degree in Engineering would be an asset.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with Engineers Nova Scotia, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in contracting/consulting.
- Working knowledge of the requirements of CSA Standard A23.1, and concrete and concrete materials test methods of CSA Standard A23.2 as well as ASTM and ACI committee documents
- Strong client management experience.
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoy working in a team environment.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top