Computer-Aided Design (CAD).B1.Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity As a CAD Technician / Technologist you will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks for large and small projects in a team environment on a variety of water infrastructure projects including water and wastewater plants, pump stations, water supply, distribution, etc.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD platforms noted below.
- Will work closely with engineers and senior designers on assigned projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Understands basics of 2D Software and knowledge of CAD standards. Experience with 3D platforms considered a plus.
- Basic knowledge of software programs with Autodesk and Bentley platforms including but not limited to AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Infraworks, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD PID, Microstation, Inroads, OPM, and OPPID.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with process mechanical systems, wet infrastructure, and structural design associated with water and wastewater treatment plants and collection and distribution systems a plus.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top