Community Construction Liaison (CCL)
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Community Construction Liason
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review the plans and specifications for the construction contract(s).
- Organize and arrange for a walk through of the Project.
- Assess the negative impact on the community of the project.
- The CCL shall develop, maintain and keep a current calendar of significant community events including: Ethnic/Religious Festivals, Street Fairs, Marathons, Parades, Play Street Closing and Block Parties/Celebrations.
- Develop a Community Notification Network, identifying key community institutions and organizations by name, association and address.
- Preparation of project related press releases, news, responses to media inquiries.
- Keep field office records regarding community interaction, including without limitation, complaints received and all correspondence, meetings, and task force minutes.
- Proven excellence with public interaction and must have strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Public Relations Field
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience, preferably for NYC Agencies such as: NYCDDC, NYCDEP, MTA and/or PANYNJ
- Experience managing public relations, schedules and community meetings
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top