Communications Systems Engineer
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, inspection and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, tunnel, rail, roadway, and transit projects.
Come join a growing global professional engineering firm. Stantec, an ENR Top 100 Global Design Firm, provides professional design and consulting services in civil, water, wastewater, planning, engineering, surveying, telecommunications, project management and other services.
We have an opening for a Communication Systems Engineer to be based in Phoenix Arizona with opportunity for advancement.
- Development of sealed communications system specifications and plans.
- Review of technical submittals prepared by others such as shop drawings and product data.
- Development of project schedules
- Development of cost estimates
- Development of system requirements and design criteria
- And other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited United States university. Master's degree or greater advantageous.
- 3+ years of experience developing, specifying, designing, and implementing communication systems such as; fiber optic and copper based LAN/WAN networks, CCTV/Surveillance, Public Address, IP Telephony, passenger information, and fare collection systems.
- 1+ years transit/transportation related project experience preferred.
- Proficiency with business software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Proficiency with engineering software such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Proficiency with written English communications including the ability to write technical memos, reports, and other project related correspondence as needed.
- Proficiency with verbal English communications including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to co-workers, colleagues, project team members or others as required.
- Skilled in problem solving and technology research.
- Ability to work independently and with interdisciplinary project teams.
- EIT or registered Arizona Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability to obtain reciprocity in Arizona desired.
- RCDD, CSEP or other applicable certification desired
- Fare collection systems
- Security systems (e.g. Access Control, Intrusion Detection)
- Passenger information systems
- SCADA Systems
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top