Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Are you a storyteller? Do you have a passion for generating compelling content that draws people in and motivates them? If you thrive on creativity and know how to work with people to develop a captivating narrative, then this is the position for you.
About the Role:
Strong story-telling and writing skills are essential for this role. The Communications Specialist is a champion of the Stantec brand and an expert in implementing the Stantec Voice and Style Guide. You will work with the regional marketing and public relations teams to drive the development of dynamic content for internal and external purposes, including websites, social media platforms, promotional material, marketing collateral, award submissions, community engagement activities, and other content-driven materials. You will also help with creative strategies to position our thought leaders at conferences/tradeshows and industry events.
You will assist in identifying, researching, and developing targeted media materials through a close working partnership with the public relations team. Working with the Public Relations Manager, regional and sector marketing, and practitioners you will create content for use on the company's various social media platforms--utilizing your storytelling skills to enhance our social media presence.
Your Duties: About You:
Opportunities for a star player!
Your experience with content marketing drives you to find stories that can be shared across multiple platforms, strategically drawing in potential clients and strengthening our relationships with existing clients. You think in creative stories and know how to bring them to life.
You are an individual who embraces a collaborative work environment and will participate in establishing weekly priorities and assignments with the Regional Marketing and Public Relations Managers. You will contribute to our people-driven culture and support the larger goals of the Marketing, Communications, & Public Relations team in identifying and engaging practitioners in promotional activities and companywide campaigns.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: What is Required:
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism, or marketing.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a marketing communications, public relations, or journalism-driven role.
- Professional writing samples required.
- Ability to compose compelling, well developed stories in partnership with technical staff
- Talent for proactively finding the stories and identifying opportunities to develop them into content marketing campaigns
- Fundamental understanding of the media landscape (traditional, social)
- Active fluency with social media channels, their use/value and application in elevating brands in the corporate setting
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work independently
- Must feel comfortable working assertively in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with photography and video best practices preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top