Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead (Buildings)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Stantec UAE is looking for a Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead who will be required to assist, and provide advice to the head of Buildings on all commercial aspects. The ideal candidate is someone with an engineering or architectural degree who has experience of delivering multi-disciplinary consultancy design and supervision projects and who has progressed, through significant project management roles, into a senior commercial, risk and governance leadership position.
The Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead will report to the Head of Buildings for the Middle East region. Primary Responsibilities are;
• Assist, advise and support the Head of Buildings on all financial, risk and governance aspects.
• Provide key commercial inputs at the bid stage.
• Provide commercial reviews and support through the lifecycle of projects.
Typical duties will include;
• Support the business in financial / commercial negotiations with clients and potential clients.
• Support the business manage the finances at a business level and have a full knowledge of the P&L.
• Support Finance and ensure the flow of accurate information between projects and finance.
• Support the business with strategies and work processes.
• Reach back to the international business for best practices, advice, process and governance on commercial and project management matters.
• Provide review and audit across all projects, identifying potential issues early and creating mitigation plans and follow up to ensure implementation.
• Develop Project Manager's process skills; WBS, EAC, Risk, Change, Schedule, QA/QC, HSSE, Contracts, Sub-Contracts.
• Develop and implement commercially innovative fee proposals.
• Review contracts and understand the key clauses that are a concern. Clearly identify showstoppers. Work closely with Group Legal, then provide the business with a recommendation on how to proceed.
• Apply the Stantec Risk Policy within the Middle East region.
• Review Project Execution Plans and approve prior to project commencement.
• Ensure project managers identify and manage risk, and review, support and challenge.
• Ensure project managers identify Variations and Scope Changes, and, together, develop and implement strategies for securing Variations with clients.
• Work with project managers and finance to produce accurate invoices in a timely manner.
• Chase, track, and engage clients on Aged Debt to ensure timely payment.
• Undertake Lessons Learned and project close down activities.
• Take the lead on any claims/changes and develop/implement an appropriate response strategy.
• Train, mentor and develop the team of Project Managers and Project Controllers.
Commercial, Risk and Governance Lead (Buildings)
• At least 15+ years of experience across Project Delivery (Design), Project Management and Business Governance.
• PMP or APMP (PMQ) is essential.
• BA or BEng in Architecture / Engineering and experience in delivering consultancy design projects, is essential. Experience delivering Buildings projects is a key advantage.
• Experience operating in a similar role within an International Tier 1 design and engineering consultant.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and pressure from stakeholders.
• Client facing experience is essential.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to coach and lead a team.
Business Management, Business Support, Contracts Procurement, Management Other
• Excellent leadership attributes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, working with others in a team setting.
• Conflict management capabilities.
• Deep understanding of project management, project finance and business finance.
• Working collaboratively and developing effective working partnerships to drive transformation.
• Owning the continuous review and optimization of project delivery and project management.
• Being prudent and open to considering others' point of views
• Hands on experience and willing to "roll up sleeves" when required
• Demonstrates the values and behavior aligned to Stantec's Ethics & Code of Conduct.
• Participates in the generation of ideas to improve the productivity and reputation of the company.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the different clients' vision and project requirements.
• Ensures that applicable Stantec standard project procedures and protocols are followed.
** Candidate can be located in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Back to top