Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Collections Assistant in either our Waterloo or Guelph, ON office. As a proactive business partner with numerous clients, this position is responsible for the overall management of customer account information from new customer set up through to the collection of invoices.
Your Duties Your responsibilities will include:
- Verify initial client set up information or changes to ensure accurate billing details.
- Maintain client account documentation
- Perform credit reviews using the Dun & Bradstreet software tool and provide comprehensive credit recommendations to ensure risk is minimized on new client accounts
- Follow up with clients on the status of open invoices using soft collection skills. Work with Stantec's Project Managers and Project Administrators to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Field client inquiries on invoices and resolve issues in a friendly manner.
- Develop and implement appropriate collection strategies as necessary (liens, outside collection agencies, etc) in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Contact clients to resolve cash application issues, when required and work with other Financial Services staff to communicate a resolution
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous experience in Collection related role(s), where success was demonstrated based on established metrics
- Minimum three years of accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 year of Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or Business is preferred
- Advanced expertise utilizing a Windows environment, including the full suite of Microsoft office programs, namely, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe/Reader/Writer
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of general accounting practices
- Able to develop solid working relationships
- A/E industry experience in a professional services environment preferred
- Oracle experience would be considered an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top