As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in Edmonton, AB has an opportunity for a highly motivated Coatings Inspector for Oil & Gas construction projects. We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and highly motivated.
The focus of the Coating Inspector role is to monitor the coating crews and observe the joint coating applications and coating repairs are completed in accordance with the Construction Specifications, Coating Standards, as well as the project approved Coating Inspection Procedure.
Your Key Responsibilities
Pre-Construction Input & Preparation
- Supervise the pre-construction training and orientation of project field personnel and plan/organize spread set-up and resources
- Undergo Stantec's inspector training and orientation program
- Review coating specifications and procedures for the project and understand project reporting requirements for coating operations
Monitor Contractor Performance During Construction
- Complete Report daily
- Ensure that weld areas are properly cleaned prior to joint coating
- Coordinate joint coating activities with the Repair Welding Inspector to obtain pipe section clearances
- Ensure that preheat temperatures, blast cleaning, and weld area preparation are completed in accordance with the Construction Specifications
- Confirm that coating repairs are completed in accordance with the Construction Specifications, and the manufacturers' recommended specification
- Measurements or Observations to be Taken include Preheat parameters; Metal profiles; Joint coating thickness (where applicable) and Sleeve adhesion (where applicable)
Post-Construction Project Resolution and Close-out
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings and documentation
- Verify that all documentation is included in the Turnover Package
- Assist in claims resolution
- Identify deficiencies for future action
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in Coating Inspection procedures and policies.
- Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with sub-consultants
- Good oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to travel with a flexible work schedule.
Education and Experience
10 Years industrial and/or pipeline construction experience in an inspection role
API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification
NACE Coating Inspection Professional (CIP) Certified (Minimum Level 2)
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900023Z
Back to top