At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Our Mining team has a need for a Civil/Structural Designer based out of our Sudbury, ON office. The successful candidate will work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations. This person will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the Sudbury area as well as across Canada and abroad.
Your Key Responsibilities Health & Safety
As a member of the Stantec team, you are expected to:
- Understand and work according to the requirements of the Stantec Safety culture. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients.
- Ensure all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analyze project deliverables for possible safety and constructibility risks and solutions.
- Preparation of quality drawings to Stantec Mining standards.
- Design and detailing of structural steel and concrete structures and assemblies with little or no supervision.
- Preparation of Material Take-Offs and other similar tasks.
- Working with a multi-discipline engineering and design team on a day-to-day basis.
- Leading and coordinating the preparation of project designs and details.
- Participation in project meetings.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Proficiency with MicroStation is an asset.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Revit, SmartPlant, and SolidWorks is an asset along with the use of 3D software to produce project drawings.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
2+ years of heavy industrial and/or mining specific experience in Civil/Structural design.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top