Civil/Structural Co-op/Intern Student
Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally and is the hydropower leader in North America.
Stantec has diverse local presence in British Columbia with teams of more than 800 staff in 11 offices in the province. Stantec represents one of the largest engineering companies in BC with complete teams of local and experienced project managers, engineers, environmental scientists and technical professionals in the region.
Our Waterpower & Dams (WP&D) Business Line provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of hydropower and dam projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are actively seeking for Civil/ Structural Engineering Co-op student to join our growing WP&D team in Burnaby, BC office.
The Civil/Structural Engineering Co-op will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing engineering-related calculations and analyses.
- Development of three dimensional models under direction of more senior staff.
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Structural Engineering, with a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate coursework related to the specific engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of NBCC, CSA A23.3-14 Design of Concrete Structures ad S16-14 Steel Design Standards and other equivalent American standards is preferred.
- Basic experience with modeling/drafting and analysis software (Autodesk Revit, Inventor, SAP2000) will be considered an asset
- Experience with complete Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate and work in a diverse team environment.
- Be proactive and self-initiative
Job ID 33477
# of Openings Remaining 3
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Power Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top