- Tampa, FL
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Tampa, FL. has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil/Stormwater Engineer to join our community development team. We are seeking a candidate with experience in land development with an emphasis on stormwater management.
The Civil Engineer will work with engineering design teams on various aspects of civil engineering assignments with strong skills in stormwater management modeling and design, preparing calculation packages, site grading, cost estimating, and developing plan packages for construction documentation. One should be able to manage priorities from various project leaders and be flexible and willing to work with constantly changing workflows.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform stormwater design, modeling, analysis and permitting for land development and municipal engineering projects.
- Proficient in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, with demonstrated experience using ICPR, PONDS and possibly SWMM.
- Prepare stormwater management reports, exhibits, etc. to demonstrate compliance with applicable design criteria (i.e. SWFMD, FDOT and local governments); process applications through applicable permitting agencies.
- Perform and oversee all aspects of design (grading, drainage, roadway, water, sewer, horizontal control, signage & striping plans, etc.).
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D and provide markups for junior engineers/technicians.
- Perform grading design including earthwork analysis, broad and detailed site grading and ADA compliance.
- Design utility systems, including stormwater runoff & conveyance, sanitary sewer collection and water distribution.
- Prepare written correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also prepare technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
- Assist senior engineers/project managers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing, and schedule.
- Prepare or guide preparation of project specifications in coordination with design drawings.
- Participate in coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Prepare construction items quantity estimates and basic opinion of cost analysis.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of stormwater modeling, design and permitting.
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects.
- Requisite knowledge and application of agency and industry applicable codes. At least 5 years of site design and permitting experience.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with stormwater management modeling and design for land development and site engineering projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in Florida or ability to obtain within a year of employment start.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001MC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top