Civil/Site Development Project Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is seeking a Civil/ Site
Development Project Engineer to join our highly successful and fast-growing
Consulting Practice Prince Rupert, BC.
Prince Rupert is quickly joining the global stage in resource export and import as the
west coast Port of Choice for the emerging container handling business. In
addition to the exciting professional opportunities, Prince Rupert offers
exceptional life-style with a wealth of west coast, outdoor adventure for those
who enjoy the surrounding ocean and mountainous play-grounds, in an
"affordable" family orientated
You will be heavily involved supporting
a variety of Port and Municipal Site Services, Development and Transportation
Infrastructure Projects, including marine terminals and City infrastructure
upgrades. This is a rare and unique
opportunity to advance to that next level in your career, as we expect you to
assume the role of Office Manager within five years.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide Design solutions for Technical challenges in Sitedevelopment and services for new marine terminals and municipal infrastructureprojects.
- Project management, contract administration, cost-controlling,site inspections / construction progress monitoring, assessing and resolvingsite-related construction challenges.
- Lead work progress review meetings, leading progress paymentreviews and evaluations.
- Solve diverse engineering challenges, and prepare feasibilitystudies.
- Design submissions, cost estimates, design reports, regulatorypermits/approvals, and construction procurement documentation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with clients, design team and contractors in the resolution of design and construction issues.
- Knowledge of codes, municipal design standards and design guidelines such as MMCD.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software, particularly in Excel.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D, as well as project management tools.
Education and Experience
A Diploma of Technology in Civil Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or EIT registration is preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years' experience related to marine terminals, municipal infrastructure, land development, and site services.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Some travel and field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Surrey
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Prince George, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 190000SM
Back to top