Civils CAD Technician - Expression of Interest
- Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Redefine your personal best.
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Civil Infrastructure team in Taunton are looking forward to an exciting period ahead and we are planning on expanding the team in the coming months. We have an ambitious and dynamic unit that has been at the heart of community development in the South West and its surrounding areas for some time now. Our multi-disciplinary team works on a diverse range of projects from local community infrastructure schemes to large national highway projects. We are based in the heart of the beautiful Somerset countryside and yet still within reach of London and the South East.
As a progressive company, we are always interested to hear from ambitious CAD Technicians and Engineers and our team may have a good opportunity for you in the coming months. We would encourage you to get in touch if you are thinking of a move and we are particularly interested to hear from qualified Civil CAD Technicians with experience in delivering infrastructure projects. If we don't have an immediate role for you now, we will keep in touch until we do, so either way we would love to hear from you.
As our CAD Technician, you will play an important role in supporting the civil engineering team in preparing designs, plans and drawings. You will assist with technical approval submissions and preparation of construction details as well as undertaking 3D engineering design modelling and you the variety of your work will differ greatly on a day to day basis.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
Typically, we look for the following in our Technicians:
- HNC qualification in civil engineering or equivalent is desirable, but not essential
- Experience with civil infrastructure design
- Competency in computer aided drawing and the use of AutoCAD
- Experience of using Civils 3D and MicroDrainage (WinDes) is desirable (candidates with experience in similar 3D design packages will be considered if the candidate has no experience in Civils 3D)
- Experience in the use of Autotrack or similar
- Experience in the use of AutoSign
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Confident to liaise with all levels of management both internally and externally
For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top