CO Salary Range: USD 40.58 - 50.72 per hour
Civil/Geotechnical Engineer - ( 200001TH )
At our core, we are a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Stantec is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Civil or Geotechnical Engineer for our Denver or Fort Collins, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position is to serve US and International-based natural resources clients (primarily mining) with the design, monitoring and reclamation of mine facilities (i.e. heap leach, stormwater control infrastructure, tailings storage facilities, waste rock management structures, etc.). This position will require a dynamic individual who can interface with clients; develop project scopes budgets and schedules; develop and lead site investigations and characterization; develop detailed designs; execute and review calculations; and prepare expertly written reports. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with clients and members of business and professional organizations. Travel may be required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Follow safe work practices and adhering to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Developing project scope, budgets, and schedules.
- Developing, overseeing, and interpreting civil/geotechnical field and laboratory testing investigations; primarily focused on mining and mine-waste projects such as tailing storage facilities.
- Preparing technical memoranda and detailed reports pertaining to field investigations and design studies.
- Developing civil/geotechnical design drawings and construction specifications.
- Managing project tasks and small teams of people to complete work on time and on budget and providing quality work deliverables for senior review.
- Meeting preparation and presentation; interacting with clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptional technical writing skills, organizational skills, technical leadership abilities, oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with mine waste/tailing management design or mine closure/reclamation designs.
- Experience with seepage, slope stability and deformation analyses and supporting modeling software (such as GeoStudio, RocScience, FLAC).
- Experience with general hydrologic and hydraulic analyses.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the office and in the field at remote sites.
- Ability to lead and mentor younger professionals.
- MSHA and/or OSHA training will be required.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a B.S. in Civil Engineering with preference given to advanced degrees.
- 8 years of experience working on civil and/or geotechnical engineering projects, focusing on design, site investigation, reporting and business development.
- Existing professional registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain within 3-6 months of starting work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Colorado-Denver
Job : Geological Engineer
Organization : BC-2330 Mining-US Southwest
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 1, 2021, 7:25:39 AM
Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
- Hiring Salary Range: $40.58 per hour - $50.72 per hour - Colorado locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Benefit Clause: Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
Req ID: 200001TH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans