Civil Traffic Designer (EIT)
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a talented entry level Traffic Engineer to join our Community Development team in Austin, Texas (221 West 6th Street). The primary purpose of the Traffic Engineer is to assist project managers in developing and processing design projects by performing due diligence, engineering calculations and design, and technical writing. This position will perform traffic engineering studies that will develop engineering solutions and address roadway and safety and operational challenges that affect motorists and pedestrians.
The Traffic Engineer has responsibility for preparation and coordination of technical activities on assigned projects and developing cost estimates. The Traffic Engineer conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between other project participants, including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project.
- Conduct project related field visits, crash statistic evaluation, traffic capacity and operations analysis, traffic impact analysis reports, signal warrant, safety evaluation, and other related traffic engineering work.
- Perform signal design, signal timing, ITS planning and design, signing pavement marking plans, roadway and sidewalk planning and design, and other related traffic/transportation engineering work.
- Assists in the preparation of plans and reports for relevant project design elements under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional engineer. Also receives direction from more experienced Engineer Associate.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-4 years of relevant Civil/Traffic/Transportation Engineering experience
- Strong communication skills to interact with clients and internal employees
- Experience handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- EIT Certification (if not already certified, be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Relevant software programs which may include traffic modeling software (Synchro/Sim Traffic and HCS) and AutoCAD Civil3D.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top