Your Opportunity We've recently strengthened our presence by completing the acquisition of engineering services firm, MWH Global. This means more career opportunities for you in consulting, design, and construction for the water and natural resources sector globally.
We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are now a global player in the water / wastewater market!
Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Stantec is seeking a Civil Technologist to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city centre.
Your Duties The ideal candidate should possess at least 7 - 10 years of related experience in planning, detailed design and construction services associated with municipal and transportation related infrastructure. You will report to the Project Manager and have design responsibilities that include:
- Preparing conceptual and final grading, servicing and roadway designs.
- Preparing engineering drawings for municipal infrastructure projects.
- Formulating earthwork quantity analysis and management processes.
- Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the successful candidate it is preferable that you will have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in a design role within a consulting engineering environment.
- Eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist or AScT.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D 2014.
- Experience with storm water, sanitary and water distribution modeling is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a resident inspector for municipal and transportation projects.
- Knowledgeable in the preparation of grading and site servicing plans.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top