Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical and materials engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician to join our team in the St. John's, NL office.
Your Key Responsibilities
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with engineers and other technologists and technicians performing general duties consisting of both field and laboratory work including the following:
- Construction quality control/quality assurance observation, monitoring and testing and reporting;
- Conduct field and laboratory testing of soils, aggregates, concrete and hot mix asphalt;
- Coordination and supervision of drilling and test pitting programs for a variety of small to large projects spanning from infrastructure, residential, commercial, and industrial developments;
- Geotechnical field testing such as rock anchor testing; observation of deep foundation installation, piezometer installation and measurements; slope stability monitoring using inclinometers, downhole thermistor installation and other instrumentation;
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced technical staff, as required;
- Assistance with proposal and report preparation in the office; and
- Other general field, laboratory and office related duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Energetic team player with a commitment to superior client service
- Experience working with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A valid Driver's License and clear abstract is required
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to work away from home
- Willingness to work overtime as required
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience.
This position will require field work and time away from the home office.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900023L
Back to top