At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Civil Technologist to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city centre. The ideal candidate should possess at least 7 -10 years of related experience in planning, detailed design and construction services associated with municipal and transportation related infrastructure.
Your Key Responsibilities You will report to the Project Manager and have design responsibilities that include:
- Preparing conceptual and final grading, servicing and roadway designs. - Preparing engineering drawings for municipal infrastructure projects. - Formulating earthwork quantity analysis and management processes. - Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist or AScT. - Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D 2014.
- Experience with storm water, sanitary and water distribution modeling is an asset. Minimum of 4 years of experience as a resident inspector for municipal and transportation projects.
- Knowledgeable in the preparation of grading and site servicing plans.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in a design role within a consulting engineering environment.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top