Civil Structural Engineer
At Stantec, we
approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the
local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with
excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design
fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs
throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields
and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision
for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with
top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the
industry at large.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of structural engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve structural engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work.
- This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors.
- Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Competence in the seismic design of concrete, steel, and masonry systems required
- Competence in anchorage of non-structural components required; experience in the design of water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities, dams, or hydroelectric related projects preferred.
- Experience in the structural design of environmental engineering concrete structures in accordance with the requirements of ACI 350.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to represent the firm at Client interviews and presentations.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
- Ability and willingness to lead structural engineering teams on small to medium sized projects.
- Ability and willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
- Support local and national business development and marketing activities.
- Experience with the use of finite element software (STAAD, RAM, or SAP 2000).
- Experience producing 3D models and 2D structural engineering drawings using Bentley Structural and Microstation, or Revit and AutoCAD. - Heavy civil construction field experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in professional engineering organizations or equivalent at the student or professional level.
Education and Experience:
- 7 years minimum, 8-10 years preferred experience in the design and implementation of structural systems
- Bachelors Degree in related engineering field required.
- P.E. License Required
- S.E. License Preferred
This description is not a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of theemployee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned ormay be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around
us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: MIG-34312
Back to top