Civil Site Inspector/CAD Designer Technician (Junior-Intermediate)
Your Opportunity An opportunity exists for a highly organized and flexible Junior-Intermediate Site Inspector/CAD Technician to become part of our dynamic team. Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
The Water group provides client-focused solutions in planning, design, bidding, and construction administration with treatment plants and linear utility projects. We also provide engineering electrical and instrumentation, mechanical process, equipment, and materials specification. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including Wastewater Treatment Plant, Water Treatment Plant, water transmission, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, planning, and Buildings development projects.
Your Duties We are seeking a professional and dynamic Civil Junior-Intermediate Site Inspector/CAD Technician to join our Water group in London Ontario. The ideal candidate should possess 1-5 years of related experience in planning, detailed design and construction services associated with municipal and related infrastructure. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking resident site review services under the direction of a Project Manager or Senior Technologist.
- Attending site meetings with Municipal Staff, Contractors and Project Managers.
- Undertake design field reviews for various projects
- Preparing record drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure and facilities projects;
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications;
- Coordinating projects between Project Managers, CAD staff and others;
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma in Architectural Technology, or Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology, or Civil Engineering Technology;
- AutoCAD Civil 3D skills;
- Completion of the Ontario Good Roads Association Sewer & Watermain Construction Inspection Course TM43 would be an asset (not mandatory);
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
- You are highly organized, and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments. In addition, previous experience in a computerized office environment using Microsoft Office and other Windows based applications would be considered an asset;
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction and legal drawings;
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments; and
- Experience and a willingness to undertake resident construction review is also required.
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS If you are aware of a qualified external candidate for this position, forward their resume along with the completed Employee Referral Bonus Form to your Regional Human Resources office.
Interested candidates should forward, in confidence, a resume and covering letter.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top