Civil / Site Development Project Engineer: Port & Municipal Infrastructure
Your Opportunity We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are a major global player in Port and Municipal Infrastructure Engineering and Construction Management Services.
Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career on a wide field of Projects.
Stantec is seeking a Civil/ Site Development Project Engineer to join our highly successful and fast-growing Consulting Practice in Prince Rupert, BC. Prince Rupert is quickly joining the global stage in resource export and import as the west coast Port of Choice for the emerging container handling business. In addition to the exciting professional opportunities, Prince Rupert offers exceptional life-style with a wealth of west coast, outdoor adventure for those who enjoy the surrounding ocean and mountainous play-grounds, in an "affordable" family orientated environment.
The ideal candidate will be heavily involved supporting a variety of Port and Municipal Site Services, Development and Transportation Infrastructure Projects, including marine terminals and City infrastructure upgrades. This is a rare and unique opportunity to advance to that next level in your career, as we expect this person to assume the role of Office Manager within five years.
Your Duties Working in conjunction with others on Stantec's team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing design solutions for Technical challenges in Site development and services for new marine terminals and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Project management, contract administration, cost-controlling, site inspections / construction progress monitoring, assessing and resolving site-related construction challenges.
- Leading work progress review meetings, progress payment reviews and evaluations.
- Solving diverse engineering challenges, and prepare feasibility studies.
- Designing submissions, cost estimates, design reports, regulatory permits/approvals, and construction procurement documentation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma of Technology in Civil Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering along with a minimum of five (5) years' experience related to marine terminal, municipal infrastructure, land development, and site services.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with clients, design team and contractors in the resolution of design and construction issues.
- Knowledge of codes, municipal design standards and design guidelines such as MMCD.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software, particularly in Excel.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D, as well as project management tools.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top