Civil Networks EIT - Wet Weather Sanitary and Stormwater Management
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec Water is currently looking for a Civil Networks Engineer with experience in water / environmental / water resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
Candidates for this position should be prepared to:
- Provide engineering support to planning, analysis, permitting, design, and implementation of municipal stormwater and / or sanitary system projects. Tasks will focus on supporting mathematical modeling of collection systems and preparation of planning or design drawings and reports.
- Assist local engineering teams to develop, calibrate and apply computer hydraulic models for the analysis of collection systems.
- Use results from hydraulic modeling tasks to reach conclusions regarding the capacity and hydraulic performance of collection systems.
- Develop conceptual design plans for municipal civil and water projects.
- Effectively organize, document, communicate, and present information summarizing technical analyses performed and findings or recommendations developed (both verbally and in writing) to team leads.
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically as a key member of small or large teams to successfully deliver quality projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work efficiently within geographically-distributed project teams.
- Efficiently use of engineering planning software tools, including features of InfoWorks, ArcMap and Excel, to analyze data, develop hydraulic models and communicate with clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of industry recognized software used for hydraulic analysis of collection systems. InfoWorks ICM preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
Education and Experience
BS or MS degree in civil or environmental engineering.
2 or more years' experience modeling of municipal collection system projects.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001YL
Back to top