Civil Junior/Intermediate Site Inspector/CAD Technician
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We have an opportunity for a Civil Junior-Intermediate Site Inspector/CAD Technician within our Community Development Group servicing projects in the Grey/Bruce area.
Your Duties T he ideal candidate should possess 1-5 years of related experience in planning, detailed design and construction services associated with municipal and related infrastructure. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking resident site review services under the direction of a Project Manager or Senior Technologist.
- Attending site meetings with Municipal Staff, Contractors and Project Managers.
- Undertake design field reviews for various projects.
- Preparing record drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure and development projects.
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications.
- Coordinating projects between Project Managers, CAD staff and others.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma in Architectural Technology, or Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology, or Civil Engineering Technology;
- AutoCAD Civil 3D skills;
- Completion of the Ontario Good Roads Association Sewer & Watermain Construction Inspection Course TM43 would be an asset (not mandatory);
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
- You are highly organized, and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments. In addition, previous experience in a computerized office environment using Microsoft Office and other Windows based applications would be considered an asset;
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction and legal drawings;
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments; and
- Experience and a willingness to undertake resident construction review is also required.
- A valid Ontario Driver's Permit and your own vehicle are required for this position.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top