Civil Inspector (micro-tunneling)
Stantec is currently looking for a Civil Inspector for a Flood Protection Scheme Project.
The scope of the project includes design review, project management, and site supervision of urgent flooding mitigation works at two residential communities in Doha, Qatar, spanning 600 and 650 ha.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
•Interacting with clients and contractor's staff to determine and verify project requirements.
•Preparing inspection reports and site records.
•Performing civil and structural tests.
•Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
•Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
•Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
2.Collaboration and working as part of a team.
•Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
•Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
•Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
3.Client Service Management
•Internal and external client liaison
•Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
•Experience in utility diversions and management
4.Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
•Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
•Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
5.Other duties as requested from time to time by the Assistant Resident Engineer.
Civil Inspector (micro-tunneling)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree in Engineering from a recognized institute to the approval of the Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrable experience of supervision of civil construction projects of which not less than 5 years shall be in works related to similar surface & ground water networks projects for open Cut construction pipelines.
- Experience should also include construction involving deep excavations, structural and water retaining concrete, temporary works, dewatering, pavement/ road works, reinstatement , utilities diversion/ interface etc.
- Particular emphasis on Micro tunneling works, procedures, machinery setup,
monitoring micro tunnel site activities with minimum 5 years experience for MT pipe size range 600-2400mm .
- Experience of inspection of precast and PC / RC cast in place manholes ,concrete works ,rebar installation ,testing ,welding and testing of lining ,external protection and backfilling .
- Experience in pipe alignment inspection and ability to use Survey instruments.
- Must have good command of English both written and spoken;
- Computer skills are mandatory.
- Very good in As-built data recording and filing.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Qatar - Qatar
Back to top