Civil / Hydraulic Engineer, Water Power and Dams, Sacramento
Stantec is currently looking to
add a Civil / Hydraulic Engineer to support our Northern
California Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a
strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of
Waterpower & Dams.
We encourage to apply if you
possess advanced knowledge of civil and hydraulic engineering principles
and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific
emphasis in large civil infrastructure related to dams and hydropower.
The candidate must have
familiarity with performing engineering problems and methods; and use advanced
analysis techniques including the modification and extension of theories,
precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
Applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be
willing to learn from peers and supervisors. Work products will include field
investigations and working on design of water conveyance and storage
facilities, dams, and hydropower projects.
- Participanton multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual teamenvironment.
- Performpreliminary and detailed civil and hydraulic analysis for hydraulic structuresand facilities for dams and other hydroelectric related projects, specificallyincluding: Spillways, Intake structures for dams and reservoirs withmulti-level gates, Penstocks and outlet conduits, Energy dissipation structuresand Powerhouse structures for hydro-power plants.
- Preparationof studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, andquality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, andsupport of construction.
- Organize,draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technicalconsistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation
- Inspect constructionfor compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct fieldinspections; review progress versus schedule.
- Supportmulti-disciplinary teams on civil and hydraulic engineering projects.
- Evaluatealternatives and resolve technical questions.
- Assistwith preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
- Organize,draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensuretechnical accuracy.
- Serveas civil and hydraulic engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and workon several projects concurrently.
- Assistin project administration including writing reports, gathering information,drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
- Assisttechnical staff in field activities including site inspections, monitoring andother fieldwork.
- Workin a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees byfollowing company health and safety guideline and policies.
- Master'sDegree preferred in Civil Engineering
- PELicense or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Thesuccessful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitaskingability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellentverbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability towork with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
- Minimumof 5 years' experience in the design and implementation of largeinfrastructures, specifically related to hydraulic analysis andevaluation.
- Demonstratedexperience with working on and leading multi-disciplinary projects, assistingwith business development and proposal preparation.
- Demonstratedleadership in the industry through successful execution on relevant damengineering projects, as well as publication and participation in theindustry (e.g. USSD, ICOLD) - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Abilityto prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations andanalyses.
- Youwill be based out of Walnut Creek, but requires willingness to work in avirtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout NorthernCA and west coast. - Strong willingness to be a part of a large globalengineering company and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
Specifications: - Supervisory skills - Previous consultative work experience
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: MIG-34688
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top