Civil Engineer/Project Manager
Your Opportunity Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Whitehorse, Yukon has an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Civil Engineer / Project Manager.
We are seeking a candidate with professional experience in engineering practice and project management related to municipal and transportation engineering. Typical projects include: land development, highway design, water/sewer treatment and conveyance. This position requires the ability to work in a team environment to handle multiple projects and clients in accordance with Stantec's project framework.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Duties Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Act as the lead Yukon civil engineering
- Client liaison
- Site/civil design including grading design, water and sewer infrastructure design, roadway design, storm water management systems design, and erosion and sediment control design
- Business development including proposal writing
- Management of local civil engineering projects
- Working on design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans (quantity calculation, cost estimating, specification writing, report writing)
- Coordination of permitting with authorities having jurisdiction
- Coaching and development of team members
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in the profession of Civil Engineering
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Yukon
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Experience with site and roadway geometrics, earthworks, grading and utility design
- Experience managing staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Sound knowledge of industry practice and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Experience managing projects successfully
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in Civil3D 2009 or later version, word processing, Excel and other standard office software
The Whitehorse office is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with strong connections to northern businesses and communities in Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. The team is strongly linked with planning teams from other Stantec offices, and project and business development collaboration is very active.
Living in the North is one of the richest cultural experiences you'll ever encounter. Northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas.
Build your career AND enjoy your life.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top