- Columbus, OH
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our Airports practice in Columbus, Ohio. As you begin your career, you will use your technical education and competencies in a consulting engineering role to prepare plans, specifications, and estimates for airport facilities (grading, runways, taxiways, aprons, drainage improvements, other support utilities, etc.), and assist with the implementation of these facilities. We will provide you with the opportunity to work in a team setting to obtain applicable experience for your Professional Engineering License as you work under the supervision and mentorship of experienced professional.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Prepare plans and design calculations for civil infrastructure improvements.
- Coordination and communication with other engineers/consultants, agency staff, client representatives, and/or other team members.
- Assist with writing technical reports, preparing design calculations, and evaluating alternative solutions to meet the project needs.
- Assist with the preparation of Engineers Opinion of Probable Cost.
- Assist with the preparation of Technical Specifications and Special Provision documents for bidding and construction.
- Assist with the preparation of government applications and planning documents.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to Company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Attend occasional evening meetings with clients monthly.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated competence in using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Prior experience with MicroStation and Open Roads is preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to contribute in an organization where client service is a top priority.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or related field) required.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or ability to successfully obtain certification within six (6) months of hire required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Columbus
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000HB
Back to top