Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
- Victoria, Canada
At Stantec, we approach every water project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or national level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We are a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
In this position as a Civil Engineering Technician / Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produces construction drawings and plans using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Provides preliminary drawings/sketches/notes for projects, redlines and plans for submittals.
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Completes tasks on projects including preparing drawings for surfaces, corridors and utility alignments, site plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, traffic control, intersection layouts and applicable standard details.
- Works with the engineer in designing roadways and municipal streets incorporating municipal practices and procedures.
- Work closely with the civil engineer and engineering group in recommending the best use of project tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools.
- Performs through quality control of construction documents and provide design ideas.
- Prepare contract documentation, specifications, and assist or lead in the construction administration, Site supervision phase of this work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgement, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in relevant software programs including AutoCAD, Civil3D and/or MicroStation Inroads, GIS, Auto Turn, Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, EPANET Water Modeling Software, Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 year of experience.
Position will be a mixture of field work and office setting.
Valid BC Driver's License and a vehicle for site travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Victoria
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000015S
Back to top