Civil Engineering Team Lead
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We're driving the future of Community Development infrastructure. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Community Development group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Whether it's for a new phase, a new neighborhood, revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With a full range of services we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Charlotte, NC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineering Team Lead. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development in the Charlotte Metro market, who can offer creative design practice skills balanced with a solid business approach. This position requires the ability to manage significant projects, liaise with clients and government agencies, and effectively work with local and geographic/regional teams. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Leading and implementing business development strategies for key clients and strategic pursuits
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction
- Leadership and involvement in related professional societies
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex community development infrastructure projects with an emphasis on technical and project delivery excellence
- Mentor and empower junior staff and other team members
- Plan and manage projects and tasks to complete them on time and within budget
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development team
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in NC (GA, SC is an asset) preferred
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects and an established network of clients and relationships in the Charlotte, NC market
- Successful experience in responding to Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Proposals and Statements of Qualifications.
- Strong leadership, team building and communication skills
- Experience managing junior staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in Civil3D, Hydrology/Hydraulic design software, MS Office
Job ID 33482
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 12
Discipline Community Development
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top