Civil Engineering Intern - Water
- Spokane, WA
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water practice has an opportunity for a highly motivated Civil Engineering Student Intern to join their team in Spokane, Washington. This is a great opportunity to work with professionals in your field of study.
Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken applicable civil or environmental engineering courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide design support for a variety of projects which could include one or a combination of the following disciplines: Engineering (civil, transportation, or environmental).
- Responsibilities will include design, CAD drafting; project documentation (i.e., report preparation, quantity calculations, file organization, etc.); construction observation, attendance at client meetings and various project-related tasks.
- Candidates may be assisting with inspection and construction observations of water main and related utility construction.
YourCapabilities and Credentials
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Revit, and MS Office software
Experience with earthwork and utility construction is desired
- Enrollment in an accredited Civil Engineering program
- At least three years of college education and be within approximately 1-2 years of graduation
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Spokane
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200000AV
Back to top