Civil Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're
creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with
optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead
their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as
they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply
your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more
equitable, resilient, and livable.
As an Intern based in our Sarasota FL
office, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to a variety of
community development projects. Candidates should be highly motivated and
dependable students who are taking or have taken transportation, geotechnical,
survey, water resources or water/wastewater type courses. This is a terrific
opportunity for a college student to support several exciting local projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Applying formulas toroutine calculations
- Preparing spreadsheetsand graphs for engineers
- Assisting with siteinspections and observations
- Performing AutoCAD work,and researching materials and manufacturer equipment
- Will also assist withreport preparation and routine office tasks such as photocopying and collatingdrawing. May possibly include some fieldwork assisting with data gathering forvarious projects.
- Writing basic reports
- Plans reading andperforming cost opinions
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal,verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task,prioritize, and take direction
- Knowledge of state andfederal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus
Education and Experience
In progress toward earning a Bachelor'sdegree (minimum) in civil engineering
Typical office environment working withcomputers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work mayinclude exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not acomprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may berequired of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities maybe assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best andbrightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make animpact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Sarasota
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003O8
Back to top