Civil Engineering Intern - Land & Site Development - Summer 2020
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
As an Intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to residential and commercial development projects which may include infrastructure design, construction observation, contract administration, land and earthworks analysis, stormwater management, and studies for feasibility, servicing, drainage, and property development potential. We transform land into real projects - a fit between physical site conditions, public expectations, fiscal requirements, and environmental constraints. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken civil engineering courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and drawings, and performing routine calculations for site development projects
- Assist with CAD drafting and design, and preparation of construction documents
- Observe and attend meetings with clients or project stakeholders
- Spend some time working with a survey field crew
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires understanding of basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Ability to work independently
- Must have a good driving record, and valid driver's license
Education and Experience
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002TO
Back to top